- Ryan, first time dad
"The HypnoBirthing training truly made our birthing experience as positive and stress-free as it could be. Thank you again for all your help and awesome teaching, Helen. We will definitely recommend the HypnoBirthing classes to any of our friends who become pregnant in the future."
- Toni Thompson
HypnoBirthing Prenatal Classes in Surrey / White Rock
A Natural Approach to Gentler, Safer,
More Comfortable Birthing
- Are you looking for a calmer, gentler and more natural birth?
- Do you want to give the best birth possible to yourself and your baby?
- Would you like your partner to have more skills to support you during your pregnancy and labour?
"It's incredible how proud of myself I feel ... I had the birth that I dreamed of having, without a single intervention. I simply couldn't have asked for more. Thank you so much for your time and guidance. Our Hypnobirthing experience has been invaluable."
--Stephanie, second time mom
"I was so calm through the whole thing and right after was saying "Wow, that was a piece of cake!" I was so happy I got to experience a birth with no drugs and while the epidural during my first delivery was what saved me from having surgery, I felt almost redeemed this time around. I really wish I'd had Hypnobirthing on my side last time!"
--Corrie, second time mom
- Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension, and, thus, pain
- Reduces or eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Leaves the mother alert, fresh, awake and with energy
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labour
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
HypnoBirthing Classes Offer You
5 information-packed classes, in a small, intimate setting for personal attention and designed to build your confidence so you'll experience a safer, easier, and more comfortable birth.
You'll also receive:
- "HypnoBirthing - The Mongan Method"; a 302-page HypnoBirthing book by the founder of HypnoBirthing, Marie Mongan
- 5 professionally written scripts for your home practice
- 2 CDs specially designed to promote relaxation, stress reduction and bonding between you and your companion
- Handouts for planning your Birth Preferences
- A set of Birth Prompts for your birth companion
- Demonstration and practice in optimal birth positions
- A free hypnotic session in building birth confidence and eliminating your fears
- A guide to good pregnancy nutrition
- Several deep relaxation techniques for use during birthing
- Body toning exercises and practice
What Makes Me Different from Other
Hypnosis for Childbirth Teachers?
As a therapist, I am cognizant of how human beings are profoundly impacted by different events in our lives. Birthing and giving birth is one of those life changing events that that can have a huge influence on the physical and emotional well-being of a mother and her baby moving forward in life. My intention in teaching the HypnoBirthing program is to provide an enviroment where a pregnant woman can take her time and learn to prepare herself mentanlly, emotionally and physically to help make birthing one of the most positive and memorable experiences in her and her baby's lives.
Extensive background in clinical hypnotherapy
As a Clinical Hypnotherapist and Registered Counsellor, I have in-depth knowledge of clinical hypnotherapy and how it can be applied in childbirth, dealing with fears & anxieties and pain management. These are specialty areas that I work with not only as a HypnoBirthing instructor, but also in my work as a therapist / counsellor on a daily basis, therefore, my teaching of the HypnoBirthing class is reflective of this expertise.
I am an experienced teacher, workshop presenter and facilitator. Materials are presented in a clear, logical, easy-to-understand fashion in my class, as well, I teach through giving examples to make it easier for you to digest information. Not only will you be learning the skills cognitively, you will also be learning them at an experiential level, a much deeper level of learning that takes place at the subconscious level.
Please visit the following link for the most up-to-date HypnoBirthing Class schedule:
Please Note: If the above class schedules do not work for you, please contact me as I may be able to schedule additional group classes due to ongoing requests. You can either call me at 778.868.4094 or email me for more information or to book your private or group HypnoBirthing course. A minimum of three couples is required to hold the group class and each group is limited to a maximum of five couples.
Photo credits (In order of appearance): [Artisteer] Flickr/Pink Sherbert Photography, inottowa; Book Cover by Marie F. Mongan, M.Ed., M.Hy.